Pablo Picasso, Colombe Volant (Flying Dove), 1952
|Artist:||Pablo Picasso (1881 - 1973)|
|Title:||Colombe Volant (Flying Dove), 1952|
|Image:||25 1/4 in x 19 3/4 in x (64.1 cm x 50.2 cm)|
|Sheet:||30 1/8 in x 21 7/8 in (76.5 cm x 55.6 cm)|
|Framed:||44 1/2 in x 38 5/8 in (113 cm x 98.1 cm)|
|Edition:||This work is numbered from the edition of 200 in lower left.|
|Signature:||This work is hand signed by Pablo Picasso (Malaga, 1881 - Mougins, 1973) in pencil in the lower right margin. The plate has also been signed and dated in the lower right.|
|Condition:||This work is in excellent condition.|
In the brilliant Pablo Picasso Colombe Volant (Flying Dove), 1952, a prestigious dove spreads his wings with strength and confidence. Dignified in simple black and white, the dove's feathers are ruffled in the midst of flight as if soaring over a bright sky. This attention to naturalism breathes life into the work and creates the illusion of effortless flight, while central placement establishes the dove's regal importance. Loose and informal strokes of the pastel background colors send our dove into the blissful heavens that vibrate with freedom. The symbol of the dove breaks free from the confinement of official government representations in this spirited and vivid Picasso.
Created in 1952, this color lithograph is numbered from the edition of 200 and hand signed by Pablo Picasso (Malaga, 1881 - Mougins, 1973) in pencil in the lower right margin along with the plate signature and date.
Catalogue Raisonné & COA:
Pablo Picasso Flying Dove (Colombe Volant), 1952 is fully documented and referenced in the below catalogue raisonnés and texts (copies will be enclosed as added documentation with the invoices that will accompany the final sale of the work):
1) Bloch, Georges. Pablo Picasso, Tome I Catalogue de l'oeuvre grave et lithographie 1904-1067, Edition Kornfeld: Berne, 1984. Listed and illustrated as catalogue raisonné no. 712.
2) Costantino, Maria. Picasso Posters. PRC Publishing Ltd., 2001. Listed on introductory page as a color plate and also appears on page 77.
3) Mourlot, Fernand. Picasso Lithographs. Boston Book and Art Publisher, 1970.Original edition listed as plate 214. Later edition listed as plate 215.
4) Rodrigo, Luis Carlos. Picasso in his Posters Image and Work. Vol I: Arte Ediciones, 1992. Listed with details and color representation on pg 230 & 231.
5) Rodrigo, Luis Carlos. Picasso in his Posters Image and Work. Vol III. Arte Ediciones, 1992. Listed and discussed on pg. 1619.
6) A Certificate of Authenticity will be included with the purchase of this work.
About the Framing:
Pablo Picasso Flying Dove (Colombe Volant), 1952 is framed to museum-grade, conservation standards, presented in a complementary moulding and finished with linen-wrapped mats and optical grade Plexiglas.