The exhibition Matisse: The Cut Outs that was most recently at the Museum of Modern Art in New York was a phenomenal success. Bringing to light one of the often-ignored stages in Matisse’s career, the show was informative and bold. Accompanying the show, which some individuals may not have been aware of is a film called Matisse LIVE.
A behind-the-scenes documentary about the acclaimed exhibition from the Tate Modern and Museum of Modern Art in New York, Matisse LIVE includes interviews with individuals who knew Matisse as well as Tate director Nicholas Serota and MoMA director Glenn D Lowry. The film also features specially commissioned performances by Royal Ballet principal dancer Zenaida Yanowsky and jazz musician Courtney Pine.
It is not only a wonderful look into the exhibition, but also at Matisse; providing insight into his art and life with a unique take unseen before that is certainly worth experiencing.
More On Henri Matisse:
- Celebrating Henri Matisse and his Beloved Sculpture
- Henri Matisse and Pablo Picasso
- The Musee Matisse
- Matisse and Picasso: A Respectful Rivalry
View our Henri Matisse inventory here: Henri Matisse inventory
Please visit our Art Education page here: Masterworks Fine Art Gallery Art Education
Suggested Matisse artworks:
- Danseuse Au Miroir, 1927 Henri Matisse Hand Signed LithographSOLDItem # 3595
- Matisse Lithograph Odalisque a la culotte de satin rouge (Odalisque with Red Satin Culottes), 1925 Henri Matisse Hand Signed Lithograph for saleREQUEST PRICE/SUBMIT BEST OFFERW-5608
- Mimosa, 1951 Henri MatisseSOLDW-6013
- Odalisque au coffret rouge (Odalisque with Red Box) , 1952 Henri Matisse Hand Signed Color AquatintREQUEST PRICE/SUBMIT BEST OFFERW-6100
- Vierge et Enfant (Madonna and Child), 1950 – 1951 Henri Matisse Hand Signed LithographSOLDItem # 4321
- L’Après-midi d’un faune, 1932 Henri MatisseREQUEST PRICE/SUBMIT BEST OFFERItem # 4079