With more than half their visitors being under the age of 30, the Louvre in France received over 9.3 million visitors last year. This makes the institution once again, the most visited museum in the world. Foreign visitors represented 70 percent of ticket sales, with Americans, Chinese, Italians, British and Brazilians being the most dominate, the Louvre said in a statement.
That is not difficult to imagine with a collection that includes such famous works as Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, the ‘Winged Victory of Samothrace’, Bathseba at her Bath by Rembrandt and the ‘Venus de Milo’. So if you haven’t already visited the museum then what are you waiting for, go ahead and make 2015 another fantastic year for them and museums in general.
- The FIFA Controversy Surrounding a Picasso
- New scheduled Pablo Picasso Movie: Antonio Banderas and Gwyneth Paltrow Set to Star in Picasso Biopic
- “Chagall-Malevich” (2013), The Dramatic Movie that Captures A Defining Time in Chagall’s Life
More Articles on Rembrandt:
- Rembrandt the Original “Selfie” Master
- Watermarks and Rembrandts
- Rembrandt What a State
- Rembrandt Etchings
View our Rembrandt inventory here: Rembrandt inventory
Please visit our Art Education page here: Masterworks Fine Art Gallery Art Education