Happy Birthday Van Gogh!
Born on March 30, 1853, Vincent Van Gogh is one of the most influential artists ever, although he received little appreciation during his life time. Embodying the myth of the tortured artist, Van Gogh’s paintings are remembered for their expressive use of line and coloration. How we view his artwork is often inseparable from his personal life, more so than any other artist. Through his paintings, and letters to his family, most often his brother Theo, the life of Vincent Van Gogh has been meticulously studied. Without any formal training and his notoriously fragile mental state, Van Gogh has captivated the imaginations of art lovers with his exhilarating landscapes, magnificent still lives, and remarkable portraits.
Today, we celebrate the beauty that Van Gogh left with us in over 800 paintings, and 1,100 works on paper.
View Recent News:
- The Intersection of Fine Art and Luxury Real Estate
- Picasso Heirs Win in French Court
- The Artists Studio
- The Growth of the Online Art Market
- “Uncle Andy”: Crowdfunding for Andy Warhol Movie
- The European Fine Art Fair Art Market Report Declares Market at Best Ever
Please visit our Art Education page here: Masterworks Fine Art Gallery Art Education